Family Child Care Home Visiting Support Specialist Bi-lingual (English/Spanish)
Clarendon is seeking a dependable, motivated individual with exceptional people skills to conduct support visits and meal service reviews to a diverse group of Family Child Care Educators. The Home Visiting Support Specialist will conduct home visits to licensed Family Child Care Educators and will conduct meal reviews for the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP). She/he will provide support in the areas of family childcare business administration, professional development & continuous quality improvement, Department of Early Education and Care (DEEC) regulatory and policy compliance, health and safety of young children, program accountability and nutrition integrity. Responsibilities will include facilitating referrals and children’s enrollment and tracking their progress and development throughout their time in care. Duties also include attending monthly professional development trainings for early child care professionals and assisting Family Child Care Educators with DEEC required PQR and professional development training activities.
- Conduct monthly business, technical assistance and mentoring support visits to Family Child Care Educators.
- Perform onsite meal service reviews at a minimum of three (3) times annually.
- Conduct childcare referrals and childcare enrollment in accordance with DEEC policies and procedures.
- Assist Training Director with professional development trainings and work directly with educators on continuous quality improvement (CQI), professional development and program planning (some nights and weekends required).
- Provide technical assistance with DEEC policy and regulations, progress reporting and curriculum development.
- Maintain knowledge of current DEEC and CACFP regulations through ongoing staff meetings and state issued trainings.
- Represent the agency in community outreach activities.
- Education: Associates degree preferred in Early Childhood Education/Human Services or related field. EEC teaching certification or CDA certification may be substituted with two years of equivalent experience.
- Knowledge and application of MA Department of Early Education and Care Family Child Care regulations and Child and Adult Care Food Program guidelines.
- Candidate must have the ability to grasp, interpret and enforce state and federal regulatory guidelines.
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English a must.
- Must have excellent observation and written skills in English and Spanish
- Prior Experience with Department of Early Education and Care licensing regulations and CACFP policies preferred.
- Strong organizational and communication skills a must
- Ability to work individually and as a team-player
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working with a culturally diverse clientele a plus.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office is necessary. Candidate must also be comfortable learning and working with custom databases such as Child Care Financial Assistance (CCFA) and ChildPlus.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle
- 12 paid holidays
- 8 sick/personal days
- 2 weeks of Earned time-off
- Health, dental and 401K benefits
- Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications
Please direct resumes to Deborah Buono at email@example.com